Important Information About Wireless Installations
- We have a subcontractor, Riverlink, handling our site surveys and installations. They perform your site survey and installation during the same appointment. Riverlink will be calling you directly to schedule your survey/install date. Sometimes the call from Riverlink can take a week or longer if our install schedule is backlogged.
- Our Standard Installation Fee is $150, which will show on your first invoice from us, so your very first bill will be higher than your regular monthly bill.
- If at the time of survey, it is determined that additional equipment is needed for your installation, additional fees will apply that are due at the time of installation and are payable directly to Riverlink via cash (US funds only), check, or credit card. These fees cannot be added to your monthly bill.
- If additional equipment is needed and you opt out of installation at that time, but call later to re-schedule, there will be an additional charge of $50 for rescheduling applied to your account.
Basic Wireless Installation
The following is a step-by-step description of what’s included when an authorized Mohawk Networks installer performs a basic wireless installation:
Outside the home or building
Step 1: After locating a suitable line-of-sight to the Access Point, the authorized installer will mount the subscriber module to the home or building using a standard mounting bracket.
Step 2: The installer will align the antenna to achieve optimal signal reception.
Step 3: The installer runs one terminated outdoor Ethernet cable, up to 75 feet, from the base of the subscriber module to the point of entry into the home or building.
Step 4: The installer installs a surge suppressor preferably on the exterior of the home or building, which will then be grounded according to local regulations.
Step 5: The installer will seal all exterior holes and use drip loops on all exterior cables.
Inside the home or building
Step 6: The installer will run Ethernet cable, up to 50 feet, from the point of entry to the computer’s location in the home or building. Typically, a small hole is required to be drilled in the outside of the wall to allow entrance of the cable.
The installer will connect the Wireless gateway to the Ethernet cable and perform the required steps to activate the service.
Step 7: Finally, the installer will test the system with their laptop to ensure the signal strength is working at its expected service level and Internet browsing is functioning.
Enhanced Fixed Wireless Installation
Additional charges may apply for any installation work that falls outside basic fixed wireless installation. An enhanced installation may require your appointment to be rescheduled or multiple appointments. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- running cables in excess of the lengths stated in the basic installation section
- multiple runs of Ethernet cable within the home or building
- mounting the subscriber module on excessive heights (e.g. greater than standard one-story roof)
- installing a pop-up tower or tri-pod and pole to improve line-of-sight
- tree or branch cutting to avoid line-of-sight obstructions
Please contact us for more information on enhanced installation options and pricing.