Why we choose fiber:
Future proof the community as technology advances, the reliance on high speed broadband increases. Meeting the demand for speed increases is essential to encourage economic development and access to education.
Encourages Economic Development
- Communication is the primary uses of the internet for businesses. Email allows businesses to communicate documents and other relevant information quickly between employees, clients and business partners.
- Video conferencing allows businesses to conduct meetings over the internet, which can potentially save costs on business travel
- Reduces Start-up Costs by utilizing Software as a Service (SaaS). Businesses pay a monthly subscription rate to use software necessary for accounting, human resource and customer resource management. SaaS decreases startup costs because businesses no longer have to invest in purchasing software that ages out within a couple years.
Access to education
- Chrome books are being given to kids at schools to be able to do their homework, quizzes and tests online. https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/articles/teaching-content/chromebooks-classroom/
- Rural communities are experiencing difficulties participating in this change because of the lack of internet at their students homes.
- With high speed broadband this allows school systems to enhance the learning experience they provide for their students and are able to participate in the changing education system