Department: Field Operations
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Closing Date: August 22, 2023
SUMMARY: Mohawk Networks is seeking an individual with experience in the telecommunications industry and looking to advance their career. This position will be responsible for the service and installation of structured cabling, surveillance cameras and access control systems. Position requires fiber optic installations and termination. Provides support of electronic security system installations for new construction deployments, as well as change of existing construction. Candidates must have the ability to terminate Cat6, RG6 and fiber. Must be able to work from ladders or scaffolding. Experience with patch panels, pathway installation, head-end, and rack building/setup and networking background is a plus. Experience with hand tools, including drills, cutting tools, power saws, etc. Ideally you would know how and where to drill out for security contacts and where to place wires. Travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ability to think logically and troubleshoot effectively within group settings or independently, with
minimal supervision to come up with solutions to complete tasks at hand.
- Ability to receive general guidance and instructions from Operations Manager or via established
standard operating procedures, and act upon them with minimal supervision
- Install low voltage cable and systems for electronic equipment and communication devices. Devices
can range all across the telecommunications field.
- Inspect security cable installations performed by peers, subcontractors and teaming partners.
- Rack, stack and cable network video recorder, switches, servers, panels and security workstations as
- Coordinate analog installations for facilities on-site.
- Review building plans for accuracy of cabling and security setup.
- Note changes and deficiencies to projects and make corrections after it has been approved by the
project manager assigned to the project.
- Ability to read, understand and follow line drawings
- Ability to pull fiber through new or partially filled EMT conduit
- Ability to follow switch and patch panel cabling schemes
- Ability to perform end to end tests of fiber runs (each strand)
- Ability to run, terminate, splice and test single and multi-strand fiber
- Ability to pull CAT 5e and CAT 6 cable in new or partially filled EMT conduit
- Ability to properly terminate CAT 5e and CAT 6 cabling (RJ45, Keystone jack, 110 punch down, 66
block punch down
- Support meetings by attending the meeting and providing expertise.
- Mentor technicians to help develop their skills.
- Have a positive attitude with customers and a professional appearance.
- Create security cabling requirements into existing Statement of Work.
- Coordinate security vulnerability scanning in collaboration with Network Operations Center
- Operate as the point of contact between Customer and Field Operations Manager.
- Maintain a positive relationship with outside vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required to successfully complete the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable
- Experience with Cat5 and Cat6 cabling.
- Previous experience installing cable, rack and stack switches, servers, panels and workstations.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to perform and complete task.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project, as well as
SharePoint or other collaboration software.
- Demonstrated ability to produce detailed and independent written correspondence in order to
communicate operational requirements.
- Proficient in security systems and reading drawings.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel up to 50% within the United States.
- Valid New York State driver’s license in good standing
- Driving record and criminal records as required by state laws and Mohawk Networks insurance
Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with the building codes and current knowledge of appropriate systems, devices,
equipment, and standards.
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED.
- Minimum three (3) years of work experience relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the
- BISCI Certification, OSHA certification a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift up to at least 70lbs.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@mohawk-networks.com